Estate Planning & Probate MCLE Seminar
Speakers: Judge Dudgeon & Kenneth W. Clingen from Clingen, Callow & McLean LLC
Topic: Importance of Purposeful Business Succession Planning
What Attendees Will Learn:
1. A business attorney or an estate attorney has an obligation to raise and to push the need for a succession plan with the client.
2. A succession plan should be developed early rather than later in the client's life and periodically revised.
3. A good estate plan is NOT a succession plan.
4. The failure to heed points 1-3 will result in the death of a client's business, litigation, or both.
5. Gain understanding of the overall succession planning process
6. Learn about tools to use to reduce sibling rivalry issues
7. Learn about tax issues involved in the process
8. Learn about timing issues, composition of planning terms and communication issues.
Pizza, salad and beverages available for those who pre-register.
Only DCBA members will receive 2 Hours MCLE Credit for this Seminar.
Electronic handouts are available HERE No Paper Handouts Provided