Driver School Online Class Instructions:
NOTE: The following instructions are for students who have already purchased an access code for the online version of the DuPage Driver Improvement School DDC6 class.
If you have purchased, but not received the email containing your access code, please check your junkmail or spam folder before calling the office for assistance (630.665.6530, Monday - Friday; 9 am - 4:30 pm)
DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE ASSIGNMENT
You have elected to take the Internet version of the National Safety Council's 6-Hour Defensive Driving Course, DDC-Online. Please follow the instructions carefully to access the online course and ensure your course completion data is recorded successfully. You must complete the course at least 3 days prior to your end of supervision/court date to allow time for the completion information to reach the court records.
(Please keep a record of the case-sensitive user name and password you select for the online class.)
This course is NOT designed to be taken using an I-Pad or other tablet unless you download a 3rd party player such as iswifter prior to taking the class. Smart phones cannot be used. You must be able to print out your own certificate at the completion of the class.
New Students – (requires access code)
- Go to www.safetyserve.com/dcba
- Click on "New Student", review the message from the court, and then click "New Student Registration".
- Type in your ACCESS CODE and click on "Submit". Note that your access code should be used within 30 days of purchase to register for the online class.
- You will be presented with a registration page. Type in your information, including a case-sensitive Login ID and password of your choice, and click on "Submit". (Make note of your login and password for future reference. This will allow you to take breaks from the class and return to where you left off - be sure to follow instructions.) NOTE: This is the ONLY time you will use the access code. Once you have created a user name and password, you can only access the class with your user name and password as a returning student, even if you have not begun the class itself.
- Be sure to register with your name as it appears on your Driver's License and your current, complete mailing address, whether that is what appears on your license or not.
- You will be presented with the "My Place" page. Click on Safety and then click on NSC Defensive Driving 9th Edition under available courses to begin the course.
- The course should be SUCCESSFULLY completed within 30 days from the date you register at safetyserve. You must pass the test at the end of the class to receive your certificate. This requires a score of at least 80%. You MUST print out a plain paper course completion confirmation at the end of the session. After successfully completing the course, click on the Certificate icon in the left hand navigation bar and follow the directions to print a completion confirmation. Bring this certificate with you to court.
- NOTE: You must use the EXIT button. Do NOT just close your browser to end the class or the website will not recognize course completion and you will NOT be able to print your certificate.
Returning Students – (Do NOT try to use the access code at this point)
- Go to www.safetyserve.com/dcba
- Click on "Returning Student" button.
- Type in the case-sensitive Login ID and password, created by you during registration, and click on "Login".
- Proceed with the class from the point you left off.
MESSAGE FROM THE COURT: FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE COURSE WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD ALLOWED MAY RESULT IN A CONVICTION BEING ENTERED AGAINST YOUR OFFICIAL DRIVING RECORD AND A FORFEITURE OF ALL FEES. CONVICTION MAY RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES.
If you find it necessary to reschedule to a classroom setting, you must do so immediately. There is a separate registration fee for the live course; your online registration fee will not be applied to the live class once you have used the access code to register at safetyserve. Please contact our offices at 630-665-6530 Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 4:30 pm. CST. If your access code expires, you will be charged another full fee. (Note that fees are subject to change without notice.)
FOR ASSISTANCE WITH THE INTERNET COURSE
For Technical Problems: Please call 800-775-1484 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm ET or email support at email@example.com any time. The DCBA office cannot replace a lost or missing online class certificate. (You can access the class site following the "returning student" instructions and reprint a certificate in most cases.)
For General Questions: You may contact the DCBA office at 630-665-6530 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm CT for general course information or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. Be sure to sign your name to any correspondence. Emails will be answered during regular business hours.
Sign into MyDCBA
Students may now register themselves for both classroom and online sessions. Be sure you register for the class that is required by the court. Before you begin the registration process, you must have the following information:
- Your full name as it appears on your driver's license
- Complete CURRENT address
- Driver's License Number, if any
- Case Number (example, 2012TR012345, no spaces or other characters)*
- Court location*
- Arresting/Ticketing Agency*
- End of Supervision Date (next court appearance)*
- Credit card information is required to purchase an access code for the online class option.
- Classroom sessions do not require immediate payment
*If any of the above information is missing or unclear, you can find court related information at www.dupagecase.com BEFORE you register. Incorrect information used in the class registration process could result in your class completion not being recognized by the court.