Chartered on February 1, 1879, the DuPage County Bar Association [DCBA] is the largest county bar association in Illinois with approximately 2,600 members. From educational seminars to community service programs to social functions, DCBA ranks as the heavyweight in Illinois with a long history of commendations from the American Bar Association for its programs and operations.
In April of 1988, the Association opened its current home, the DuPage County Bar Center. Located on the west side of Wheaton, the Bar Center is close to the DuPage County complex and the Judicial Center Facility. The Bar Association building is also home to the Arbitration Center on the second floor and Legal Aid, sharing the first floor. The Bar Center also provides the Association with space for committee meetings, seminars and deposition rooms. A library and conference rooms are open for use by the membership.
The DuPage County Bar Foundation was established in 1997 to serve as the charitable arm of DCBA providing charitable contributions, law school scholarships, opportunities for community service and assistance for members in need.
The DuPage County Bar Association has a seat in the American Bar Association House of Governors. The DCBA President Elect participates in these meetings twice a year, voting on issues facing the legal profession.
DCBA added another home in May of 2005 with the opening of the Attorney Resource Center (ARC) at the DuPage County Judicial Center. Located on the third floor, the ARC provides all attorneys with a place to work between cases, grab a cup of coffee and network with other attorneys. Many of DCBA’s committee meetings are held there. The ARC is open to member and non-member attorneys, however clients are not permitted.
The lawyer referral service, which has been operating since 1974, is a public service providing free referrals to people who call in or access the service through the website. Over 8,000 referrals are provided each year.
LPM & T: Hands on Training